I'm a Digital Humanities graduate student and nascent developer. Heigh-ho Silver, away!
I enjoy finding answers. Do you have questions?
As a student I assisted others in honing their projects and help form consensus on shared projects. I work with an eye for nuance in research and writing. I emphasize 'final polish' and clarity. I enjoy finding solutions and balancing 'the best answer' with 'the most expedient answer.'
The same can be said for my other work. Finding new ways to address the technical needs and the needs of family and friends thrills me. Incorporating open-source and shared-source solutions is fun, though sometimes 'cheap and easy' is not the best and most expedient solution or one that helps me grow. I want to grow.
My detailed resume can be found here.
Adam Tenhouse's Background
Adam Tenhouse's Experience
Volunteer Assistant at Truman State University
October 2010 - May 2012 | Kirksville, Missouri
• Scanned and reformatted a 700-page manuscript for later publication using OCR suite • Provided technical support for Professor Hirsch • Trained others in assigned tasks, archival work, proper library procedures • Used multiple technical solutions to arrive at a final project with varying degrees of difficulty.
Cast Member at Pickler's Famous
April 2011 - December 2011 | Kirksville, Missouri
• Worked in customer service, janitorial duties, food preparation • Learned to prioritize based on customer demands and workload • held Team focus – All Cast Members work “as a group” at Pickler's • Found balance in equal emphasis on problem-solving, delegation
Meat Stockist at County Market
May 2008 - September 2008 | Quincy, Illinois
• Inventoried stock in freezer across dozens of product lines
• Rotated products “out front” for freshness, emphasis on sale items
• Provided cheerful customer assistance daily in the meat and other departments
• Discarded expired products, maintained destruction records
• Price-marked sale and regular items
Farmhand at Four-Ten Farms
June 2005 | Liberty, Illinois
• “Gopher” work – moving equipment, machinery, handling heavy items
• Cleaned, helped maintain large machinery including grain planter
• Cultivated fields with tractor, field cultivator
• Played support roles to others in the field – providing dinner, drinks
• Maintained business computers, scanned financial documents and other records
• Fulfilled roles on an emergent basis
Adam Tenhouse's Education
Liberty High School
2003 – 2007
Concentration: College Preparatory
Activities: "Varsity" Quiz Bowl. Lead role as "Toad" in 'A Year With Frog and Toad' at the Quincy Community Theater, 2007.
Truman State University
2007 – 2012
Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and Religious Studies
Concentration: Philosophy & Religion
Activities: Tau Kappa Epsilon
Adam Tenhouse's Interests & Activities
Technology news, politics, current events, gadgets, alternative data entry and user interfaces, mobile computing, augmented reality devices.